Sunday, July 27, 2014

Grinder - Griffintown


I've long awaited going to Grinder, located in the up-and-coming Griffintown neighbourhood. After a long day of work I headed over with a few girlfriends. We all share an obsession with tartare, so guess what we all ordered? Tartare of course!

Tuna Tartare

I couldn't make up my mind between the salmon and the tuna tartare, so my friend and I ordered both and shared them amongst ourselves. 

Here is what each tartare contained:
Salmon tartare: ginger vinaigrette, capers, sesame seeds and panko.
Tuna tartare: sesame and wasabi vinaigrette, avocado puree and panko.

Salmon Tartare

Right off the bat, I can tell you I preferred the tuna tartare because it was slightly more flavourful than the salmon tartare. None the less, both were delicious and quickly served. 

What I enjoyed the most about Grinder was the young business professional atmosphere. After a day of work it seems like this is one of the hip places for young workers to gather and have a cocktail with a light meal. Having recently started working in the business world it was awesome to feel part of that vibe for the first time.

I wish I could have tried so much more on the menu because some of the plates flying by truly looked delicious and unique to Grinder, whereas a fish tartare certainly is not. I would absolutely return and try something new, such as the carpaccio or the grilled lobster.

Where?
RESTAURANT GRINDER
1708, rue Notre-Dame Ouest

Montréal (Québec)
H3J 1M3

Menu
   



0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.