Monday, August 11, 2014

Marché 27 Express - Downtown Montreal


You can win my heart with two foods: sushi and tartare. When I found out I worked foot steps from the Marché 27 Express in Phillips Square I was the happiest girl in town. Being able to get a quick to-go tartare during lunch? Best thing that could ever happen to me!

The first time I went, I tried out the "Asian" Salmon Tartare. It contained black sesame, chives, hoisin and sesame vinegrette and shallots.

The second time I tried the "Japonese" Salmon Tartare (in the picture above). It contained wasabi, soy sauce, tempura, ginger, shallot and chives.

Alongside the tartare you get to pick a side of either: croutons, chips, celery sticks or roasted nori. Between the two tartares I tried, I definitely enjoyed the taste of the "Asian" tartare better. I personally felt the "Japonese" tartare was a bit too gingery for me.

I was especially impressed that Marché 27 Express prices are pretty fair, at $9 for a 100g salmon tartare. The presentation is not as classy as a tartare would typically be at a restaurant. The tartare is basically thrown into a plastic container with your choice of side. Honestly, presentation is the least of my worries during a workday lunch!

If you're an avid tartare lover like me and crave a quick to-go tartare, I recommend you visit Marché 27 Express at one of their TWO locations in downtown Montreal!

Where?
Marche 27 Express Phillips Square
1241 Phillips Square
Montreal, Quebec, H3B 3G1
(514) 419-8834

Marche 27 Express De Maisonneuve Ouest
1102 de Maisonneuve Ouest
Montreal, Quebec, H3A 1M7
(514) 439-7707

Menu
http://www.marche27express.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=94&Itemid=156&lang=en


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.