Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Chicken Pesto Pasta


I am a huge fan of daily Vlogger on YouTube itsJudysLife. I've followed the family's daily lives for years now, and I've always admired her husband Benji's initiative when it came to cooking. He takes it very seriously, and everything always looks delicious!

He has his own YouTube channel he dedicates to cooking called BenjiManTV, which is where this recipe comes from. I always like to guesstimate when I'm cooking, so I may not have followed the recipe to the letter!


What I used (portion for 2):
- Boneless chicken tights (3)
- Spaghetti (or any pasta of your choice)
- Pesto (already made)
- Diced onions
- Grated parmesan
- Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper


While the spaghetti was cooking to package directions, I cooked the chicken and the onions on an oiled pan. I wanted the chicken to be brown and crispy the onions to be somewhat caramelized for this recipe. 

I definitely recommend you make use of chicken tights if you can. Another quick tip for the spaghetti is to salt it when it hits a boil to flavor those noodles!


Before everything was finished cooking, I combined the pesto, a little bit of oil, the grated parmesan and pepper in a bowl. This step kind of comes with taste. The trick with the perfection of this recipe is to taste test during the process and see how you specifically like it!


Immediately after the chicken and pasta was done cooking, I threw everything in a mixing bowl so that the heat of the noodles could melt that parmesan and heat up that pesto a little bit. Once you mix everything, I recommend that you taste it to determine if you want to add a little bit more pesto or not. On my side of things, I decided I need a bit more to satisfy my taste buds!


Last but not least, throw it in a plate and sprinkle a little parmesan atop your delicious meal!

If you love yourself some pesto pasta dishes, this is definitely a very simple yet delightful recipe you should try out!

Enjoy! :)

Tags

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.