Sunday, September 14, 2014

Burger Bar - Downtown Montreal

I haven't been to a restaurant in a while, but last night I celebrated a friends birthday at Burger Bar on Crescent Street.

I'm not a huge beef eater so naturally I am not a fan of burgers, but I was happy to see that the restaurant has a big non-beef sandwich selection. The options were all very creative, for example the "Hangover" burger that contains poutine, fried egg, caramelized onion and bacon. Can't say you've ever seen that anywhere before right? The burger selection was huge, with 16 options. I don't know how a burger fan could ever make a decision.


I decided to get the "Griffon" sandwich, containing a spicy tuna patty, melted cheese, sauteed shrimp, lettuce and tomato for $16. Unfortunately, the restaurant had run out of shrimp, so mine didn't come with it. I didn't know what to expect from the spicy tuna patty; would it be raw or cooked? It ended up being a canned tuna consistency mixed with spices in a cooked patty. Overall, the sandwich was very good, though I know the sautéed shrimp would have definitely added something special to the mixture.

I did something I never do and switched the fries to onion rings. I don't know what got to me, but I hadn't had onion rings in years and had the sudden urge to try them out. I definitely didn't regret them because they were great. One of my friends switched to sweet potato fries, and I can say they were definitely some of the best I'd ever had!


After a long week, I decided to treat myself and have a cocktail. I got a "Mango Madness", which is not on their online menu but contained Malibu Rum and Mango juice and some type of soda. The mix sounded enticing, but it ended up tasting like it contained 3/4 of rum. In my opinion it wasn't a very enjoyable cocktail to sip from. But something that bothered me was the fact that the glass was so small it contained about 100ml of the mixture. Notice the size difference between my little glass and the beer glass to the right. It was definitely not worth $9 to me. My friends got a similar drink that contained strawberries and they felt very similarly to me.

Overall, I enjoyed my experience at Burger Bar. The menu has a lot to offer, and if I return I would be interested in trying something new from their limitless options! There is something for everyone, so it is a great place to go as a group. Next time I probably wouldn't adventure myself into their drink menu, but maybe discover their delicious dessert menu instead!

Where?
1465 rue Crescent
Montreal (Quebec)
H3G 2B2

Menu


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.