Wednesday, September 3, 2014

La Sandwicherie Zoe's


It's unfortunate I'm posting this now, because food truck season is almost over in Montreal.

Since last summer, we have been blessed with some seriously delicious food trucks roaming our city. During the Just for Laughs festival many of them were conveniently located a few blocks from my work, so I made it a point to try a few of them out.

I visited La Sandwicherie Zoe's and tried out the "Kokkino" Sandwich. It contained pulled chicken, harrisa mayo and a cabbage mixture on a fresh and somewhat sweet bun. It cost $9, taxes included, which is a pretty typical price for food trucks.

I use to be a huge fan of pulled pork sandwiches, but then I got a little tired of them. The pulled chicken was definitely a change I enjoyed and I had never tried before.

The quality of the sandwich was pretty good, which I would expect when I pay $9 for a sandwich. It was ready in less than 5 minutes, but I was also lucky enough to only have one person in line before me.

What especially attracted me to this truck, while it is pretty superficial, was the amazing colourful design on the actual truck. I felt myself automatically gravitating to it, but in my defence the menu also pleased me.

If you are in Montreal and love food, be sure to try out our amazing trucks before they go into hibernation for the winter. They food they serve is unique compared to food trucks around the world, so it is a culinary experience worth trying!



0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.